Nail care is necessary in order for the nails to grow in a healthy and beautiful way, because the nails contain layers of a protein called keratin, and they may be somewhat thin, and the thickness of these layers can be increased by using some natural and household oils that increase the growth of nails and increase the moisture in them. A healthy diet helps to strengthen the nails too.
How to care for nails
To preserve and care for nails, you must follow the following steps:
- Keep your nails dry and clean:
And that is by cleaning them constantly to get rid of germs and bacteria, and dry your nails after washing them; Because this prevents the accumulation of dirt and bacteria underneath, and do not soak your nails in water for long periods of time so that they do not crack, and when you need to wash the dishes, protect your nails with gloves.
Note: Put salt on a toothbrush, and use it to clean your nails and the skin around them.
- Not biting nails:
Because biting your nails will cause a lot of damage; Due to the presence of saliva, which makes it weak, and placing the fingers in the mouth works to transfer dirt and germs from your fingers to the mouth.
Note: I use smelly nail polish. To help you stop biting your nails.
- Moisturizing nails:
Because the dryness of your nails leads to their breakage easily.
Note: Use skin creams or moisturizing oils. To help you keep your nails and skin healthy.
Constantly trim your nails: It promotes the growth of your nails and makes them look healthier than before.
Note: Trim your nails the way you want them to be every few weeks, and it is best to trim your nails in a straight line.
- Wearing gloves to protect nails:
Gloves must be worn when doing housework, because cleaning supplies contain a lot of chemicals, and they cause damage to your nails when you touch them.
Note: After you finish wearing gloves while doing housework, wash the gloves well, and hang them in the sun to disinfect them.
- Avoid using acrylic gels:
It causes great damage to your nails because the acrylic powder contains a lot of chemicals that weaken the nails and cause scratches in them.
- File nails:
File nails gently in one direction, because cold in the same direction helps you to get smooth nails, and it also makes it easier for you to shape the edge in the way you want, so that your nails do not become weak and prone to breakage quickly.
Home remedies for nail care
- Diet and nutritional supplements:
Where your nails need foods that contain components that contribute to stimulating their growth and these foods; Food rich in protein found in red meat, chicken and eggs, as well as food rich in folic acid found in leafy vegetables and sunflower seeds, and you also need vitamin C, which is found in strawberries, oranges, watermelons, red peppers, and vitamin B12 found in liver and tuna, and biotin found in Whole grains.
- Natural oils:
Use oils with natural ingredients, such as olive oil. To improve the growth of your nails, by soaking them for five minutes; So that it works to moisturize and strengthen your nails, or mix two tablespoons of olive oil and 10 drops of lemon juice, then rub your nails with this mixture.
- Nail Care:
Nail care contributes to healthy nail growth, and this is done by maintaining the cleanliness of the nails and the space underneath, because this prevents the accumulation of dirt, which prevents nail growth, and wearing gloves when doing housework, to protect your nails from chemicals in cleaning supplies.
Avocado is one of the best natural moisturizers. It contains an amount of healthy fats, vitamin E and protein that help protect the nails from loss, by mixing one tablespoon of avocado pulp and coconut oil, and placing it on your nails for a few hours, then washing them with lukewarm water.
- Green tea:
It strengthens your nails and prevents their yellowing, by steeping a cup of green tea, then adding drops of wheat oil to it, and leaving it until it cools. To soak your nails for 15 minutes, and please work to repeat that twice a week.
It promotes the growth of nails and prevents their yellowing, by applying equal quantities of lemon juice, castor oil or argan oil, then soak your nails with this mixture for 10 minutes, and please repeat this process several times a week to get better results.
- Coconut oil:
Coconut oil helps maintain the moisture of your nails and strengthen them, and strengthen the skin and this is important for their growth, by massaging your nails with warm coconut oil for 10 minutes a day before going to sleep.
It is a natural moisturizer that moisturizes your nails to make them healthier, by putting honey on a clean paint brush, then distributing it on all nails, and leaving it for several hours to get better results.
Apply nail polish
Nail polish expresses your mood and reflects your personality, so you can use classic red, yellow, green, deep purple, shiny blue, and a lot of colors. The following are the steps for applying the nail polish:
- Choose the color of nail polish that expresses your mood or matches what you wear.
- Choose a place to paint on a straight table, where that place is in a well-ventilated room – because the smell of paint is not healthy – and is well lit, to be able to correctly determine the color of the paint, then place the tissue paper under your hand so that you do not contaminate that table.
- Make sure you have all the necessary tools, such as a cotton ball, nail polish remover, and a nail wand; So on hand, to speed up the nail polish process and reduce staining.
- Rub the nail polish bottle between your hands for 30 seconds, this helps in mixing the contents of the bottle.
- Apply a base coat of clear nail polish before applying colored nail polish because that works to protect it.
- Open the colored polish bottle and wet the brush, then apply an appropriate amount of nail polish nicely.
- Leave the first layer of paint to dry, then apply the second layer, because nail polish requires at least two layers, and some types of polish need three layers, and it is better to use several thin layers of polish instead of one thick layer.
- Clean the growths on the tips of the nails as soon as they are completely dry, using a cotton pad on a stick, so you can wipe off unwanted paint.